Macy celebrated her 1st birthday August 25. I still can't believe my baby is 1!!! She has been walking since this past Friday. And it seems each day she's trying to say more. She says dada, mama (Mommy), mama (Grandma), mo mo (more), ti ti (tickle tickle).......I think that's it. Then she babbles all sorts of things which I'm sure mean something to her but is foreign to me. She's doing pretty good with her glasses and knows the word "no" really well. She now has 8 teeth. (4 of which came in at once and caused me and her to be one tired mama and baby) She WILL NOT eat table food yet. I stopped nursing her on her birthday (cold turkey - does anyone know who keyed this phrase and why in the world do we use it?) and started giving her table food pretty much because I was tired of buying baby food jars. It was probably too much transition for her at one time but I (at times) am a tough love sort of mama. I know some of you are probably snickering at that comment b/c you think I'm the sweetest, gentlest mommy but I have another side you don't know about. Muwah ha ha ha ha ha. (evil sounding laugh) Anyhow, I thought I was going to be tough and stand my ground and "make" her eat table food. I kept telling myself she will eat it if she's hungry enough so I fought that battle for two weeks but I'm telling you her diet for two weeks consisted of toast, milk, and cheerios. So under the leadership of my head I caved in and she now eat about 7 jars of baby food a day. I'm okay with that for now since it's sooo convenient and I'm sooo sick.
We had friends and family show up to help us celebrate Macy's birthday. It was a good time of fellowship. I made a crockpot full of Rotel. (something my first Pastor's wife used to make for the youth when I was in the youth group. Now it's a recipe I make for most of my kid's birthday parties and sometimes for the teens at our church.) Macy had a whole cake to tear into which she ended up eating about half of it because I forgot she was in the highchair! I posted some pics of her birthday celebration. Enjoy!!
Quinoa Salad with Grilled Vegetables
1 year ago



3 comments:
Very cute pics! She is so big now! Happy Bday Macy! (you need to give me that recipe, i'd like to try it)
Aww, your pictures are adorable! Macy was so cute on her birthday, she really loved that cake!! So odd how she doesn't like table food, usually it's the oppostite and they won't eat baby food anymore! Malachi seems to like to eat most things, although it's challenging to work around dairy products, and now it seems we should avoid peanut butter for awhile. Hey! I forgot to give you a quart of soy milk to try! Are you still interested?
Ooooohhhhh! LOL Yes I know that recipe. When I first read it I thought you said your pastor's wife. I just reread it and I saw you said, my FIRST pastor's wife...who would be my mom! ha ha. Yeah, I make that too! Jeff loves it. :) So, NO, I don't need that recipe. :) I wish we could come to WA too! Maybe some day. Ya never know. We didn't ask to go to Georgia, we asked for MO or Illinois or WA, but we got Georgia, oh well. I guess God wants us there!
Post a Comment