Dear Snow,
I love you. I love sitting in a cozy chair with a warm mug of whatever and watching you fall from the sky. I love watching my children squeal with pure delight as they run and throw and roll around in you. I love the comfortable feeling my warm home extends when you greet us with your presence. I love being "stuck" at home with my family. But, snow, I do not love you when you mess with my heat! I don't love it when you take away my ability to cook. Its quite mean of you when you steal my hot water so I can't enjoy a warm mug of whatever or even a shower. Snow, maybe this relationship isn't going to work.
Ha Ha! I know, I'm a dork. :) Seriously though, when we had the recent power outage, due to the wind storm, our power, was out for 3 days. Somehow, Josh and I managed to have NO CLUE it was supposed to snow or even be as bad as it was. The letter above definately describes my feelings at the time. I really do love snow but funny how quickly my love for the snow vanished when my personal comfort was disturbed. Hard to keep your flesh in check when its FREEZING COLD and you have a splitting headache from your addiction to caffeine. I know we weren't experiencing suffering or anguish but I did realize how we take for granted the "little" things. I am sooo thankful for electricity to warm my home. I'm thankful for friends who came and rescued us from our cold, dark cave too. They even brought us Starbucks! Here are some photos of our "black out" festivities. By the way, I still love snow.
Wanted to include this photo of Silas' pudgy little hand.
Quinoa Salad with Grilled Vegetables
1 year ago



3 comments:
Oh the pictures are so cute! The kids had so much fun! I was so scared when tom was pulling them around it made me so nervous!
I miss you sweet friend, we need to get together SOOOON!! I miss you. I love the pictures, your children are so sweet. I was better this time with the power outage, last time I failed...so this time God helped me to remember some things. In E.E. a place I will visit in the not too distant future, they have regular power outages and times with no hot water anyway...that was all I could think about. God is teaching me alot on this adoption journey. I think you are right though, there are so many little things that we take for granted....very good post =) you're not a dork =) Love you sweet lady!!
LOVE THIS POST!!!!
The pictures of the kids being pulled by the tractor is Awesome! I Love their facial expresions!!
Post a Comment