This is an idea I've seen floating around for a while now among fellow bloggers. I've had such a hard time consistently updating this thing that I've decided to adopt a few of these weekly ideas to keep my blog going. Maybe it will encourage me to post something random every now and then. We'll see.
1. While giving my girls a bath I was reading about having a joyful spirit and showing that through your words spoken each day. I was getting really encouraged and prayed to ask God to help my words to be words that expressed thankfulness and joyfulness to my children. I got the girls finished in the bath then went to get the shower ready for the boys. While turning on the shower I noticed one of my boys while using the restroom was TOTALLY missing the toilet and peeing all over my bathroom wall!!! Let's just say my words weren't very joyful or thankful as I let that child know that "I'm so tired of cleaning up your mess!" Oh did the Holy Spirit ever get ahold of me! I quickly realized that I am thankful for this child. I can even find something to be thankful about in this situation. Thought of a friend of mine who lost her 5 year old son late last year. Thanks for reminding me again LORD to be thankful and joyful in all situations. :)
2. Had a glimpse of Missouri/Oklahoma weather today as we actually had thunder AND lightning with our rain!
3. I totally thought I might escape the extreme fatigue you experience during pregnancy but the last two days have been tough...can't seem to get up before 8 when I normally get up at 6:30 and I'm DRAGGING all day.
4. I'm having lots of urges to do things but am finding time isn't being my best friend lately. I want to scrapbook, list some dresses on e bay, make these fabric flowers for hair pretties that I found on a blog, do a puzzle, study...just am not finding time lately.
5. I LOVE when it rains and rains and rains...my hubby gets to be home with me even if he is working in his office all day. :)
6. Totally craving creme brulee today thanks to AMANDA SAVAGE!!!
7. My son's not done with school yet today but he's playing the wii right now. :) That's his form of recess since the weather won't allow for us to run around outside.
8. Thinking of making homemade pizza for dinner tonight.
9. Really wanting to study about gluten and am on a mission to convert to mostly gluten free. We'll see how that goes. Hey I need encouraging words about this people so if any of you have any advice you can give I would appreciate it. I found a blog I plan to follow that I think will help on this journey.
10. Yes, I understand the homemade pizza I am about to make probably contains some gluten and the chocolate chip cookies I plan to make later most definitely contain gluten. Encouraging words people!
Quinoa Salad with Grilled Vegetables
1 year ago



6 comments:
I didn't know your were expecting again! :)
Congrats! :)
The new ticker at the top is cute! I havn't seen that one!
You should read the book-God's Wisdom for a Woman's Life by Elizabeth George! I am borrowing from the Kitsap Regional Library--GREAT BOOK! I have learned A LOT...especially in the "Time Management" Part.
Here is a little 'snip it' summed up, (reading what i wrote in my journal):
Time can not be bought, rented, you can not save, can, store or freeze time, time is slower for your children then for you. The Issue is Not time. We need to Understand How we can better manage our lives.
Like I said, Its a GREAT BOOK, I have learned a lot so far...im about half way through! I encouarage you to check it out!
Lets get together some time! Miss ya!
yea! a baby! ... oh... hows silas???
Why are you going gluten free? We avoid it because it makes us bloated and fat, but are not allergic like most of Luke's family is. We just eat rice or potatoes mostly. But if you are allergic I have lots of great tips from cooking for Luke's family. Give me a call. We only eat wheat things maybe once a week and it is a lot easier for your system to process it. And you will loose most of your tummy bloat in a few days! I look 5 lbs lighter when I am not eating wheat!
Mary, that is one reason why. Josh's family has a history of IBS so I'm wondering if he may have it too. I know we would be a lot better off cutting it mostly out of our diet. I have researched celiac disease b/c at one point I thought Macy might have it. I'm still not sure...have never had her tested. I guess I'm really wanting to experiment and see what cutting it out does for our health.
congrats on baby #6!! Your blog is adorabe and so is your famiy!!=))
Post a Comment